Technologically speaking, 3D printers are among the most advanced and futuristic devices that we currently have. As access to these equipments is becoming easier and cheaper, there are various areas and sectors that are betting on this technology.
Next, let's talk a little about the areas that are making the most of 3D printers and give a general overview of what to expect in the future of these equipments.
Why should companies invest in 3D printing?
The benefits that lead companies to invest in 3D printing are diverse:
- Reduce costs: The cost of a 3D printing of a piece can be up to 3 or 4 times cheaper than buying the piece itself from a 3D printing provider, in addition to having the fastest piece and also saving possible transport costs.
- Streamline the production process: Being able to dispose of any part at any time is almost a dream for most companies, without worrying about manufacturing deadlines, carriers, requests per order, etc.
- Quality, precision and versatility: With the emergence of new materials, each day that passes more and more objects can be produced using 3D printers. Such objects range from prosthetics and organs to jewelry. Versatility is what is not lacking when investing in this technology.
These are just some of the reasons why investing in a 3D printer is something extremely advantageous for many companies. But, if your engoque is not for business use, as a private user there are several ways to make money with a 3D printer without needing to have a large company or astronomical investments.
Tips for making money with a 3D printer
Belong to a company or be an independent professional who wants to invoice in this market in constant innovation, choosing a good approach to action can be the difference between success and failure of your investment.
Below you will find 5 tips on how to enter this market highlighting the competition:
- Be creative: Creativity is the main point for anyone who wants to make money in this market. Accompanying market trends is another key to raising the billing ceiling by dedicating itself to 3D printing.
- Provide training courses: Being a relatively new technology in the market, 3D printing courses are scarce. Betting on making video-courses and marketing them online, or offering face-to-face courses are also an excellent way to earn income with your knowledge of 3D printing.
- Learn how to model and create your own 3D models: Learning to use Blender or similar softwares is almost mandatory in that sector, since that way you can create your own models and sell them printed in 3D or the online models themselves on websites like TurboSquid and CGTrader.
- Promote your products on social networks: Disseminate your work. As "an image is worth a thousand words", social networks like Pinterest or Instagram are ideal to promote your business by publishing striking images of your models. In addition, reaching a good number of followers, it is possible to sell your models and your courses through these channels.
- Choosing a niche market: Choosing a niche market and specializing in the 3D printing market, instead of "manufacturing and selling everything a bit", can be the key to success in this sector. The possibilities are very diverse and vary from the sale of Action Figures to the part of accessories for drones.
What are the most promising sectors for the 3D printing market?
The engineers are specific professionals who act in certain branch in the market. However, no matter how specific its area of action, 3D printing can greatly benefit its services, since it can print spare parts for its products, models to show its projects to clients and even allows the creation of prototypes for presentations and samples
One of the main uses for a 3D printer in this area is the printing of ready-to-use parts in the production of certain products such as electronic components, gear printing, lace and parts with the function of complementing or integrating the internal (or even external) part. ) of some product.
The engineering companies that most use 3D printing would be: electronic engineering, computing, mechatronics, civil engineering, production and automation.
The possibility of printing models instantly to present to their clients is an interesting differential value for architectural professionals.
Contrary to what many professionals believe, it is not necessary to invest in an absurdly large and expensive 3D printer model for that purpose. You can choose a model with better cost-benefit and manually make the final adjustments in the printed model.
The use of 3D printing in the medicinal area is still in an initial phase, but it is undoubtedly a sector with a lot of potential for 3D printing.
For doctors, dentists or veterinarians, the possibility of printing prostheses under measure in a short period of time to treat their patients is something very desired in these and many other branches of medicine.
Pieces in plaster made from shapes are becoming obsolete to give place to pieces made of biocompatible materials with our organism, little invasive with the human and animal body, and with very reduced manufacturing times.
Arts and fashion
Artists and stylists are already using 3D printers to print their sculptures, jewelry, shoes, pieces of clothing, etc.
These professionals can also work with the post-printing of the piece, giving adjustments and adjustments to adapt them to the requirements of their clients.
NASA has tried to send 3D printers into space, mainly because of its ability to replicate replacement parts for aircraft in space in record time.
Instead of making the pieces here on Earth and sending them to the orbiting aircraft, the idea is to send only the material needed to print the piece in space by 3D printing.
Conclusion: A bit about the 3D printing market
According to a study conducted by Markets and Markets, the 3D printing market will move close to 32.7 billion per year until 2023, growing close to 25% annually.
Undoubtedly, these figures are excellent and open doors for a series of improvements, refinements and innovations within this area, taking into account that it is a growing technology and that it is far from its high point yet.
If you are thinking about betting on 3D printing for your company, the best time to start is now, while the market is not yet well established. Thus, by learning and taking advantage of the innovations that are emerging, you will be able to take advantage of its maximum present and future potential of this technology that will revolutionize many sectors.